Press Release Archives
Announcement: Please see February 2019's edition of the "BLLC Community Connection" Newsletter. The newsletter will answer questions from the community, remind the public of important dates, and much more. Each month the newsletter will be added to the BLLC's Community Engagement Page here.
Announcement: On February 20, 2019 the Board of Liquor License Commissioners for Baltimore City (BLLC) issued and implemented the 2019 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual. The Board takes seriously its obligation to ensure that the agency’s policies and procedures are replicating best practices and are compliant with the law. This year the BLLC worked in concert with agency staff to develop and improve upon the 2018 SOPs that were issued by the Board in February 2018. The Board expanded upon the SOPs from 2018 to include policies and procedures in 2019 that address the following areas:
- Updated BCIT Audit Policy
- New – Casino and Public Market Policies and Procedures
- Updated Scanning and Archiving Policy
- Improvements to the Posting, Notification, and Processing procedures within the New and Transfer Application Process
- Cancellation Polices for Pub tours and Extensions
- 46th District Food Form Reporting Requirements
- Updated 311 Response Policy
- Updated Special Investigations Policy
- Updated Posting Policy
- Updated Inspection Expectation, Tracking, and Evaluation Policy
- Updated Policy for monitoring Closed establishments
- Updated Community Engagement Policy, including CommunityStat Reporting
If you would like to see a copy of the 2019 SOPs, please click here.
Announcement: On March 1, 2019 the alcoholic beverages license renewal process for the Board of Liquor License Commissioners for Baltimore City (BLLC) begins. As per State law, the license renewal season ends on March 31, 2019. Renewal letters, 2019 Renewal Applications, and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet have been sent out to all alcoholic beverage licensees. The renewal application, along with the FAQ sheet, and other applicable renewal documents, can be located and downloaded from the BLLC’s Renewal Webpage, which can be found here.
Announcement: The Board of Liquor License Commissioners for Baltimore City publishes proposed rules and regulations for Public Market License located at Cross Street Market. To see a copy of the announcement, please click here. To see a copy of the proposed rules and regulations, please click here.
Announcement: Please see Janaury 2019's edition of the "BLLC Community Connection" Newsletter. The newsletter will answer questions from the community, remind the public of important dates, and much more. Each month the newsletter will be added to the BLLC's Community Engagement Page here.